Wednesday 27 February 2008

Monkey Balls to the wall ....

Balls

So with me intending to concentrate this blog on a more design based thread .... i'm going to give you a great meatballs recipe that i have, (makes perfect sense to me), it has been lovingly passed down generation by generation since i was at least 39.

By the way, thanks to The Monkey Bastard Blog for setting me up on a meatballs tip ... i've tried his recipe and YUP they're good too.

Need:

500g of decent lamb mince
1/2 a packet of 'Ogran' Falafel mix (from sainburys, i'm sure any other felafel mix will do but this is the one i use)
1 egg
blood, sweat and tears optional (spech if you have guest peeps.....)

Make:

Make up the Falafel mix with half the amount of water and half the contents of the pack and leave to stand for 15 mins.
Add egg and mix in.
Add Lamb mince and mix in.
Form into balls about the size of Monkey bastards ... second thoughts you'd only get three (easy now girls) golf ball size will do.
Heat up a non stick pan then add some oil.
Pop the meatballs in the pan and brown off well. This bits important as the lamb is quite fatty and browning will help render out a lot of the fat. (dont get lean lamb either as the fat helps in the cooking process even if you do pour most of it away).

Cook:

Bang em all in a roasting tray pour over a chopped tomato/basil/garlic 3 minute sauce (please dont ask me to explain that one as i just have).
Pop some mozzella and parmasan on top and slam in a preheated oven at 220 for 26 mins 34.5 seconds.

Serve with a spinach leaf and pea salad and a massive bottle of Montepulciano (if you can say it at the offy that is...) if not, a nice busty roija will keep the moroccan/latin vibe going.

Listen:

One of Monkey bastards perfectly presented menus of listening pleasure (vol 63 is well worth a toot...)

Try both recipes and let me know when ive won eh? eh? eh?

See you in the next life

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey man, thought I'd do the right thing return the favour by linking to you in my sidebar. I couldn't do it on Monkey Bastard however, since the bastards at the Blog.com only lets me link to other Blog.com blogs.

But I linked you on my other blog at http://metalbastard.blogspot.com

I gotta say... Your balls sound might tasty, I'll definitely give those a go this weekend.

But in all honesty, I think Bob Dylan has us both beat. This is the recipe he shared on his radio show recently:

600g mince (half beef, half veal)
The crumbs of 6 saltines
1 dl water
1,5 teaspoons of tomato puré
3 crushed cloves of garlic
1 dl parmesan
1 egg
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of dried oregano
1 teaspoon of dried basil
1 tablespoon of fresh parsley
Black pepper

I gave it a go not long ago, and instead of veal & beef I used pork & lamb and it cunting heavenly.

Unknown said...

Oh and you like Volume 63, eh?

I've always had a soft spot for Volume 14 myself:

http://monkeybastard.blog.com/1819957/

Mondo said...

Hey Ho bleechy, be sure to check out

http://landcrofthouse.blogspot.com/

always great tunes and tuck on there.

Over and out..